Monday, January 19, 2009

Inaugurama Barack Obama

Tomorrow's the big day. I'm giving some consideration to how I'm going to embrace a spirit of service and a spirit of sacrifice. My #1 fear about the Obama Presidency is that people will foolishly sit around asking the questions, "Will he change anything? Is he changing anything? Did he change anything?"

His whole point is that he's not going to save America, America has to save itself. It doesn't make sense to sit and ponder his changes unless you yourself are making the same amount of changes to the best of your ability. "Be the Obama you want to see." That means I have to plan out what my new A-Game will entail.

First order of business is to throw a party and feed all of my friends good food and wine. Then, let's see:

1. Write more newspaper articles about substantive social issues
2. Get a part-time job at an after-school program in the city
3. Go out of my way to give homeless people my doggy bags and extra food
4. Get my office to recycle

Bring it, Barack. If you make any serious headway, I'll consider it a volley.

No comments:

Post a Comment