Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This Blog is a Menace

It's tough to commit to a blog of this nature. The more reading I do, the less I feel like putting myself out there. But it's silly to try to write about subjectivity and states of mind without getting personal.

Nietzsche said that convictions are sign-posts, footsteps on the path to self-knowledge.

Maybe I've been in traditional schools for too long. Knowledge gained from personal experience as opposed to text is devalued the further along you go. Which is strange because reality-creation is so heavily weighted toward personal experiences (as in the case of Imprints, below). And if you're not sitting in a theology class, forget about incorporating anything that might be deemed "New Agey."

Is anyone at all reading this? I'm gonna finish this complaint/admission here and clobber it with a big fat post about Timothy Leary's Eight Neurological Goddamn Circuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment